Monday, February 4, 2013

Back to Reality

The “REAL” Reality Show – TODAY
Yep – back to reality for us today. After spending a week in warm weather, enjoying the sites of Cozumel and Grand Caymen, 86 degree weather, and no cooking, it’s back to reality for us. Unpacking, laundry, getting ready to go back to work, planning meals – that’s the real part. Oh yeah, and work. Laundry – a big basket that can wait, I don’t think we will need the bathing suits, sleeveless tops and shorts for a while – DARN IT!!! Cooking – I do believe one of the best parts of a cruise for me is the food – not only such an abundance at all times, but the fact that I don’t have to plan it, shop for it, or cook it for a week. Although I thoroughly enjoy cooking, it is a vacation to not have to do it for a while. Weather – while we did have to put on a sweater at times, it was much nicer worrying about using sunscreen. One slight sunburn - I guess I sprayed my legs and feet in circles and missed a spot. The first night I had some redness on one leg and the top of my foot. This was nothing compared to some of the really burnt people I saw. What a way to ruin a cruise. Birthday – I really don’t mind having a birthday like some people and it’s much better being dressed up for elegant night on a cruise ship. A special cake was delivered to me at dinner from Don & Doug. Oh, and I even had Happy Birthday sung to me by an Elvis impersonator. Starting to sort through the 1400 pictures I took. All are downloaded and now to edit and delete a bunch. It will probably go down to at least 900 since I tend to take more than one each time. Really, how many pictures of turtles from the turtle farm do I really need? Look for pictures soon. The REAL questions every day around here – what am I wearing to work and what are we having for dinner? Meals for the next 3 days are planned, and I think any pair of jeans and a sweater will work for today. Now to start dreaming and planning the next cruise -

No comments:

Post a Comment